After our recent posts on the Paleo Diet and the launch of our new Going Paleo Starter Kit this month, I wanted share some recipes to show you just how yummy this lifestyle can be. Since I love Mexican food (to a fault, to be honest), I thought I’d share this recipe from DrizzleandDip.com.
Lettuce ‘tacos’ with Chipotle Chicken
- 400g of skinless chicken breast cut into fairly thin strips
- splash of olive oil to fry these in
- 1 x red onion finely sliced
- 1 x 400g tin of tomatoes (whole or chopped)
- 1 T of finely chopped chipotle in adobo sauce (or substitute with finely chopped pickled jalapeno chillis and a pinch of dried chilli flakes)
- 1/2 t cumin
- pinch of brown sugar and salt and pepper to season
- lettuce leaves to make your tacos (I like to use butter lettuce or baby gem lettuce)
- fresh coriander leaves
- sliced pickled jalapeno chillies
- slices of avocado or make guacamole
- fresh tomatoes and slices of spring onion to make a rustic salsa – as much as you need. I used about 2 cups of quartered rosa / cherry tomatoes and sliced red spring onions / scallions. I tossed these together with lots of salt and pepper.
- lime wedges to spritz